Since my last week's update to you regarding the Corona virus, additional information and guidelines have been obtained from of the Centers for Disease Control. As a result, effective today, April 2, 2020 Custom Yacht Service is instituting the following temporary yard practices.
1. Our office, restrooms, workshops, and storeroom will be off-limits to the general public including customers, their guests, and sub-contractors.
2. By appointment our back shop will be opened at our discretion to individual customers requesting to work on their own boats. We will if possible move and re-block any boat outdoors if the customer prefers to continue to work after hours or on their own schedule. The restroom located in the back shop will not be available for use.
3. Restrictions will not be placed on customers, their guests, and sub-contractors who wish to board their own boats blocked outside on our premises. We do ask however that you advise our office staff if you, your guests, or sub-contractors board your boat either during or outside of our regular business hours. If you, your guests, or sub-contractors have been aboard your boat and we are doing work on your vessel that does not allow our crew the use of personal protective equipment (PPE), we will not commence or resume work for a period of 5 days after you de-board the boat. Likewise at your request we can let you know when our crew was last performing work on your vessel.
4. Customers are still welcome to drop off their boats for service work and pick up their boats when work has been completed. We will also continue to be available to pick up and deliver boats as requested. As above, the necessary use of PPE may delay the start of particular jobs on and inside boats coming to CYS for service.
5. If customers would like to purchase items from our storeroom we ask that you call us ahead of time. We will be glad to pick the items requested and deliver them to your boat.
6. We will continue to welcome all customers and prospective customers at our boatyard and will be more than glad to meet with you face-to-face. We do however ask that you contact us by telephone first so we can give you the personal service and undivided attention that each of you deserves. If you are in the boatyard during business hours, need our attention, but cannot reach us by phone, please do not hesitate to knock on our doors, honk your car's horn, or blow your boat's whistle. We will be glad to come find you.
The above temporary restrictions are being implemented for the good health and well-being of our customers and ourselves. We are putting these measures in place to ensure that we will be able to meet your boating needs now as well as in the future.
The Custom Yacht Service staff and crew continue to remain healthy and are continuing to work diligently to meet spring launching schedules. We appreciate your understanding and your cooperation during this unusual time.
Custom Yacht Service 96 Seafood LaneIrvington, VA 22480 Office: 804-438-5563Cell: 804-577-3349